8.25.2006

Eight is Enough??????

Have you heard the latest??? Poor Pluto has been demoted--and I'm not talking about the Disney dog. The "heavenly body" is no longer considered a planet.

Check out the full story at www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210275,00.html

Do the powers-that-be realize the ramifications of this decision?? Now everything I learned about the planets in school is null and void. Remember the cheesy song they taught us "My very educated mother just served us nine pizza pies." How else would we remember the planets in order--Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. Errr--forget Pluto now, I guess.

So now we have to come up with an entirely new song: "My very educated mother just served us nougat." or maybe "My very educated mother just served us nectarines." Nope, it's just not the same. Poor Pluto.

No comments: