12.13.2010

Be impressed......be VERY impressed

Okay-so if you have been reading here for ANY length of time, you have gathered that I am not in the slightest bit "crafty".  I wouldn't even say that I am craft-challenged; I would say that I am downright craft handicapped.  Not only do I hate all the "supplies" that crafting seems to require, but I have yet to ever turn out anything that I would be willing to show anyone.  Until today.  Today, I am pleased as punch to report that my crafting skills have just taken one giant leap forward!

Thanks to The Nester.  I have been following Nester's blog almost since the beginning.  I LOVE her soft blue and green and white house filled with birds and plates.  I could never actually DO that in my house, mind you, but I certainly admire hers from afar.

So, when I saw her beautiful white fur wreath two years ago, I filed it away for future crafting reference, and this year, I decided to pull it out and give it a try.  Mind you, it didn't take long to find since my "crafting reference file" is pretty much empty (as in that was the ONLY thing in it).  But anyway.......

A few weeks ago, I used a mega coupon I had for Joanne's and got all the necessary supplies.  Then last night, as the guys watched football and Sydney finished homework, I decided I better get that wreath made before Christmas had passed me by.  And, a mere 30 minutes later, voila, I had my very own white fur wreath.  And, if I do say myself, it looks pretty darn good.



If you want your very own white fur wreath, the Nester's tutorial is excellent!  It had to be--even I could follow it!  And, like Nester, I added some hairspray.  But I think my wreath looks more like that blonde "Guy" from the Food Network than Ty Pennington!

And, now that I have had one "wreathing" success, I have added a few more wreaths to my aforementioned pretty-much-non-existent crafting file.  Check these out!

I love this one, and I'm pretty sure it would be doable.  Since I'm an expert now.......ahem!

And I LO-OO-OO-VE this one too!

And, I am pretty certain this is the ONLY thing on earth that tinsel is good for!

And I TOTALLY think I can handle this peppermint candy wreath next year (now that I know how to use my glue gun!)!  Be still my heart!


9 comments:

Stephanie said...

wow jen ...I shocked! but UBER impressed! it's beautiful!

Sandy Koch said...

Jen, that's quite lovely! Congrats! I am very impressed! You'll be crafting all kinds of things in no time (grin)

Mikalah said...

Totally impressed. I love the addition of the sparkly ornament, it really makes the whole thing pop!

Jill said...

Great job, Jen!

Jodie said...

luv the peppermint one, too! Do you bring these inside when it rains? seriously...I'd have a sticky doorstep.

michelle allen said...

beautiful wreath Jen! and thank you for the linky and liking my wreath :)
merry christmas!!!

Miss G said...

beautiful! great job kelly

Kathy said...

Very pretty -Love your front door

The Nester said...

It's absolutely lovely! Now you have to put something else in your file? Thank you so much for linking up!