10.03.2006

More good times......

Once again, we were privileged to spend some time with great friends! Kim is my dearest friend from Cedarville and before "life" got so crazy, we were so good about keeping in touch regularly, visiting often, etc. We even spent two wonderful Christmases with the Thomsons when we couldn't travel all the way to family for the holidays.

The Thomsons are visiting DC this week and made a special point to come visit and spend the evening with us last night. We had a great time catching up, and even the kids, who haven't seen each other in five years, became fast friends. When the Thomsons pulled out of our driveway, Payton said "Mom, I wish they lived next door!'

We had a great time, but it was bittersweet too. I realized how much I miss my friend, and I am sad that our kids won't ever be as close as we had dreamed when they were babies. I also resolved to be better about keeping in touch, and we already have a "girls' weekend" planned for my birthday next year.

Once again, I am reminded how blessed we are to have great friendships that have stood the test of time and distance. God is good!

Our progeny--as we were coralling the kids for this picture, we wondered aloud how this happened! (Of course we know "how" it happened, but you know what I mean!) This is the whole gang, except for two-year old Lauren, who is enjoying some time with Gramma and Grandpa Renshaw.

The VeStrands and the Thomsons, 19 years after our friendship began.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great. There go the big plans I had for your birthday next year. Isn't next year the big one?

Payton looks bored. Does he realize he's surrounded by girls?