5.16.2007

Scorecards, "Sawyer-Style"

This is the first year that we have allowed the younger kids to watch "American Idol", and they are totally into it. The boys eagerly anticipate every Tuesday night to watch the competition, and the first question out of their mouths on Thursday morning (we don't let them stay up late enough to watch the results) is "Who got kicked off?"

Last night, as we gathered 'round the old boob tube, Sawyer decided he needed to implement his own scoring system. He took this very seriously. I kid you not. After every song, he chose a "score" and held that notebook high above his head.

Really Good


Good


Not That Good



According to Sawyer's very "technical" system, the scores last night were as follows, and I quote:
  • Jordan--Good
  • Blake--I loved him so much.
  • Melinda--Not that good
And there you have it. I wonder if Simon would agree?

P.S. Please excuse the boxers. These pictures were taken right before bed.

2 comments:

Beckyb said...

That makes me smile - our boys are SO much the same - they just love that show!! AND - what a great season to watch with so many of them either being Christians and some even having sung with Michael W. Smith, the Winan's, etc. Kind of fun!!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Too cute. Our kids were so upset when Melinda got kicked off last night, even though they figured it's because she's "too shy" after she sings!

I came here from Kim's blog, and I wanted to thank you for staying in the HS/PS fray over there. I decided not to get involved (much as I love Kim) but I love the winsomeness and graciousness of your comments. We've done it "all" education-wise with our family, and our experience is that there just isn't a perfect solution.

So nice to meet you here - your family is precious!