11.22.2007

Thankful Thursday Thirteen

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In lieu of today's celebration of gratitude,I thought I would list thirteen things I'm especially thankful for this year.

My godly husband. I have seen his character tested again this year, and again, he responded with integrity and godliness. I am blessed.

My healthy children. Yes, they make me crazy some days and yes, they routinely bounce off the walls but they are healthy and, for the most part, happy.

A difficult year. It's much easier to look back now and see God's hand in our year of transitions. But I am so thankful that he had a perfect plan to bring tremendous blessing out of some very difficult days.

Our new church family. We have been lovingly welcomed and encouraged to use our gifts. We are thankful to be part of a unified body of believers led by wise and godly men.

Children who love the Lord and want to serve him. Each of our kids has jumped into our new church with nary a backward glance. Brooke loves Uprising, where she leads the junior and senior high groups in worship each week with the praise band, enjoyes her small group, and has made many new friends. Sydney loves Elevate and serves each week in the children's ministry. Payton loves Breakaway, has recently joined the kids' worship team, and serves each week in the children's ministry also. Sawyer is loving life, as usual, looks forward to KidQuest every week, and has also made many new friends. We are blessed.

My job. Just this week, I was reminded again how blessed I am to have a christian boss who is a man of integrity and generosity. I was working on a writing project this week with my Bible wide open on my desk. How cool is that?? And, we get to dogsit Webster occasionally, an added benefit.

My forty years. I am blessed to have lived forty healthy years with a godly heritage, a family that I love dearly and am very close to, and more blessings than I deserve.

My siblings. Many people can't say this but I am very grateful, not only for my two sisters and my brother, but also for the close relationships we enjoy. I truly look forward to seeing them and miss them when we can't be together. We have fun together and our kids enjoy one another's company.

Ok, I've been serious and sentimental, but I'm also thankful for some silly things too.

My iPod. I am blessed on a regular basis by the sermons and songs that I download on that silly little machine. It's so cool!

My eyesight and reading ability. I don't ever want to take them for granted. I can't imagine not being able to read or see my kids or watch The Office! I am blessed (although I wouldn't mind lasik surgery some day!)

My books. There are so many good books in this world. I can't imagine not LOVING to read and learn.

My diet pop. In the past year, I have forced myself to love diet drinks. I am now completely and totally sold on Diet Mountain Dew, Diet Sunkist, and Diet Dr. Pepper.

My appliances. I truly can't imagine "doing life" without my dishwasher, washer, dryer, and laptop. Not to mention, my Kitchen-aid and blow dryer!

No comments: