3.22.2008

Day 7

It's time for more CVS success. I wasn't even going to go this week because I didn't think there was much that I wanted/needed, but I needed to get a prescription and ended up saving LOTS of money. The picture below is what I got this week. I don't know what it all would have cost full price but according to my receipts (I went to two stores), I saved a total of $112.35 yesterday. I "spent" 18.26, which I paid for with a gift card from a previous prescription (so no cash out of pocket), and earned $9 ECBs plus another $30 gift card for the future!!!!!! Can't beat that.From the picture: all the Crest toothpaste was on clearance for $1.65. I had five, $1 coupons so I got all of them for $3.25 total. The regular price for each tube was $3.99!! The Listerine Smart Rinse was buy one at $2.99 and get $2.99 ECBs back. Plus I had two, $1 coupons. So they paid me to take that off their hands! The CVS toothbrush was totally free with a coupon that printed with a previous receipt ($1.50). The Lady Speed Stick was buy one at 1.99 and get $1 ECB back, plus I had two $1 coupons. So, again, they paid me $2 (in ECBs) to take them! The Bee Movie was just a splurge with the gift card because it's such a good movie! All in all, a great trip! I'm glad I decided to go.

According to my receipt, I have saved $564.98 so far this year and have spent just $89.71, which has all been ECBs or gift cards. If this doesn't inspire you to dive into "CVSing", I don't know what could. Go here to learn more or get started!

5 comments:

The Thomsons said...

Wow, that's crazy!
Rachel

C.C. said...

Have you visited this site? I use it every week! http://iheartcvs.com/

Anonymous said...

Your won't ever need toothpaste again. Wish we had a CVS close by.
Mom

Kathi Roach said...

Wow! You've totally convinced me. Between you and Jenn H. I am inspired. I have to confess I've never even gone in there! CVS here I come!

Yarnin_Mama said...

Wow!!! How do you get 5 coupons for the same product? I will definitely be looking at the websites.