11.16.2008

Paul's Pumpkin Bars

I posted about this dessert on Facebook and several people asked for the recipe so here you go!! I aim to please, you know, but I feel I must warn any Maryland readers: you better never bring this to a function/event in October/
November where I'll be too. It's MY go-to dessert this time of year!

Paul's Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1, 15-oz can pumpkin
1 cup oil

Beat above ingredients until light and fluffy. Then add:

2 cups flour
2 tspns. baking powder
2 tspns. cinnamon
1 tspn. salt
1 tspn. baking soda

Mix thoroughly and spread in ungreased jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Frosting

6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter
2 tspns. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar (add slowly until smooth)

Enjoy! These are very moist and always a hit whenever I serve them.

(Question: This is my mom's recipe. Mom, where did you get this originally?)

No comments: