4.16.2010

Nothing in particular and everything in general....

I don't love ice cream.  I don't need to have a bowl every night before bed or anything like that.  However, I recently discovered Green's Colombian coffee chip ice cream.  It's dangerous.  Take my word for it.

If I were skinny--and rich, I would soo buy this

And this too.   Look at all those fabric choices!  Love them! 

Some dull-minded bathroom renovator put white grout in our main floor bathroom.  I HATE it but I imagine this would make it MUCH more bearable.  Why didn't I think of that?

If you live near us and you heard whooping and hollering last night, it was me finding out that my boss is switching over to Macs for the office and I am getting a new laptop shortly.  Hallelujah!

Watched this movie the other night.  It was one of the. worst. movies I have ever seen.   'Nuff said.

We are hosting four sweet girls and one leader for Weekend 180 tonight through Sunday.  This is HUGE for me.  I most definitely do not have the gift of hospitality, and I lose my mind getting ready to be a hostess.  I'm not kidding.  Today I scrubbed my bathroom floor with a toothbrush and a magic eraser.  And I vacuumed inside the cabinet under the sink.  I also dust my hot water heater.  I need psychiatric help.  Or a housecleaning business.  Or both.

I mowed the lawn today.  And it was HOT.  Is it October yet?

My guest post here should "go live" in the next 2-3 weeks.  And, I am going to do another guest post here in May.  I am honored and humbled.  Stay tuned!  Oh, and in the meantime, don't forget to go here and enter!

I've been pondering the following quote posted by a friend on Facebook this week.   A good and timely reminder.

God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. 
I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, 
a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to.

Elisabeth Eliot



Happy Weekend!  G'night.

2 comments:

Karen L said...

The whooping and hollering here was nine high school boys playing capture the flag...in the woods...in the dark...way past my bedtime.

Unknown said...

very good !
Walatra G Sea