8.08.2006

The local Shell station?

I read this today "Try to plant your entire garden without impatiens or begonias. Impatiens and begonias make your yard look the same as a gas station." I wasn't offended, really. I'm not a big begonia fan but I love impatiens. And, they are easy to grow! As proof of this, I've attached a photo of the flowers on our front porch. I have done absolutely nothing to these flowers except for remembering to water them and the (very!) occasional dose of Miracle Gro. (Come to think of it, maybe that's why they've flourished!?!?!) Anyway, they have taken on a life of their own and are overtaking our front porch. At the risk of tooting my own horn, I think they're beautiful. Now, I don't mind looking like the local Shell station, if only that would get me a decreased gas price! Yeah right!

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

I love them - they are gorgeous and we have impatiens too - for once (or maybe twice) I think the magazine is WRONG!!! And this year I think the local Shell station could have afforded 24K gold impatiens!!!