- According to Daniel, sometimes I have bad breath in the morning.
- Jonathan eats glue and erasers.
- I hate glitter glue.
- "Crafting" is definitely not my spiritual gift.
- It is possible, but probably not very patriotic, to say the Pledge of Allegiance and pick your nose at the same time.
- Ants really can survive and thrive in a first grader's backpack in the middle of winter.
- There were twelve "troops" of Israel.
- God gave Moses the Ten Commandments on Mt. Vernon.
- Coloring can be oddly therapeutic; cutting, however, cannot.
- It is possible to write with a pencil that is only 1 inch long.
- It's amazing how much toilet paper the toilets on the first grade hallway can handle.
- Dana's mom is very bossy about manners. Her dad, however, "toots" all the time while he's watching television, and his "toots" are loud.
What I learned in first grade...
I had the privilege (and I do mean privilege) of subbing in first grade all this week. I was subbing for the full-time aide so I didn't have the lion's share of the work, but it was still a busy week. I LOVE being at the school and spending time with the kids. This week had a few hilarious moments. So I thought I'd share with you what I learned in Miss Rider's first grade class.