9.05.2007

1 down, 179 to go......

I am writing in the middle of the afternoon from a blissfully quiet house. I haven't refereed one argument today. I haven't played one game of Uno or Racko. I didn't even eat "lunch" until 2:30. After Jeff and the kids left, I went back to bed for 2 hours (sshh, don't tell). Then I did some laundry, vacuumed, and even went to the grocery store BY MYSELF!!! Can you tell school is back in session?? However, I know tonight when I'm packing lunches and supervising homework, I will be longing for the lazy days of summer.

Actually, yesterday went very smoothly for everyone involved. After LOTS of hugs and kisses and a slight locker debacle (she has bad luck with lockers), Sydney enjoyed her first day of 7th grade. Payton and Sawyer ran into the school with nary a backward glance, and miracle of miracles, Brooke loved ALL her teachers. Even Jeff had a great day, if tiring, first day! Life is good!

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

I can't tary here long - I will become too wistful!!! You have it good!!!! :)