9.06.2007

Recipe Thursday

Ok, I will admit I have never in my life eaten bread pudding. I've eaten spoon bread--does that count? It was gross. I just can't get into soggy bread. Anyway, I saw this recipe today and decided that maybe soggy bread wouldn't be so bad after all. Or maybe it's because the soggy bread in this recipe is really soggy Krispy Kremes. After all, you know what they say "It can't be wrong when it **tastes** so right........"

Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce


2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 (4.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box raisins
1 pinch salt
1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible. Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce

1 stick butter
1 pound box confectioners' sugar
Rum, to taste

Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be passing this one on to Heidi.

Beckyb said...

Ok, looks heavenly - only two problems - our Krispy Kreme CLOSED AND I need a chef!!! :) Yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Did you try this, Jen? What was you're opinion. I'd have to leave out the fruit coxcktail, but otherwise it sounds good.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Looks like I ought to check out my typing before I press publish my comment. Mom