9.16.2007

Weekend Update...

I'm quite certain that the Saturday Night Live Weekend Updates are much more exciting than ours will be but here ya go anyway........
  • Just a few short hours after Payton decided that his new jacket would fit, he woke me up with a 104-degree temperature and glands the size of acorns. Here we go again.......
  • After a half-hour in the pediatrician's waiting room, we found out that he had a virus--not strep, like I hoped---because we can get medicine for that. His temp was still 104.
  • Needless to say, Payton didn't play football this weekend. Apparently, his presence wasn't that big of a factor. They remain winless.
  • I found out the hard way that ten-year old boys don't do a very good job of putting their sweaty football clothes in the laundry. Oh my!!!
  • We stayed home ALL day Saturday! YEAH!! I did go to the grocery store and saved $105 with coupons, rebates, sales, etc. WOO HOO!!
  • Jeff spent Saturday buying a new (used) lawn mower for just $100 and proceeded to mow the jungle that was our lawn and even trimmed the bushes (not with the lawn mower).
  • I had to drag myself out of bed at 6:30 a.m. this morning to take Brooke to a friend's house so she could sing with the youth praise team this Sunday. Actually, I had to drag myself out of bed at 6 a.m. to put the sticky buns she had made last night in the oven.
  • We are dogsitting Webster again this weekend. While we love Webster DEARLY, we SOO did not love the trail of doggy diarrhea across our living room carpet that greeted us this morning.
  • Unfortunately for him, Sydney and I headed to church and Jeff dealt with the doggy diarrhea.
  • At church, I helped to juggle eleven screaming infants in the nursery. It was--ummm-- stimulating. And I was very thankful that I could give the sweet babies back to their moms at noon!
  • After church, Sydney and I headed to the mall, where she spent her Limited Too birthday gift card on some fun clothes and a new Webkinz (because we don't have enough of those things around here already). Thank you Grammy and Grandpop!
  • I got some GREAT deals for the boys at Children's Place. If you have one close to you, they are having a SUPER sale!
  • This weekend, my dear friend Steph and I are heading to our church's Women's Retreat at the fancy-schmancy Marriott in Leesburg, Virginia. I can't wait!! (I heard there is shopping close by and lots of free time!)
Was it me who claimed things were boring just a few days ago????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to teach me how you save so much $$ grocery shopping!!!!!