10.01.2007

Snowflakes or Corn Flakes???

Tonight, Sawyer decided that he wanted to do a "craft" with his friend from next door. Now, if you know me at all, you know the mere mention of the word "craft" gives me large hives. In my mind, "craft" is synonymous with "mess" and that's not what I wanted to hear at 8 o'clock on a busy Monday night.

However, I relented when Sawyer assured me it was "just snowflakes, mom!" I was busy folding laundry when I heard the tape dispenser "dispensing" at a rapid pace. (Tape is Sawyer's favorite art medium. Of course, that could be because his mother refuses to allow any other "forms" in the house. But, anyway......) I called down to ask Sawyer what they were doing.

"We wanted to decorate our snowflakes. You didn't have any glitter so we used candy corn. We only have ten each."

I decided I better investigate and this is what I found, proudly on display in the kitchen.



If you can't tell, each of those candy pieces is TAPED to the "snowflake".

As I went back upstairs, after sweeping up "snowflake droppings" off the kitchen floor, Sawyer called "Mom, Kyle went home. He didn't use all ten of his candy pieces. I'll just eat them."

I give up.

2 comments:

MotherGosling said...

Jen. If your son is into "tape art", check out these sites and count your blessings. http://www.krisfontes.com/thinker.htm
http://www.powderblueorbit.com/2007/06/scotch_tape_art.html

LOL
blessings
Lyn

C.C. said...

LOL very cute fall snowflakes!