3.27.2008

Day 12

Well, the last 24 hours have had an eerily similar theme. See if you can figure out what it was!

Drove my beloved Mac eBook to the Apple Store and sat at the "Genius" Bar for 30 minutes before they finally told me I would need a new keyboard, which I already knew. The missing keys and worn-off letters were my first clues........... They told me I would have it back by Saturday. I told them that was ridiculous. They said it would be 24 hours. Thankfully, I could use Jeff's computer to check e-mails last night so I didn't shrivel up and die.

Drove home and, immediately upon entering the house, answered a phone call from the Apple Store telling me my computer was fixed. Naturally.........

Drove to hotel near BWI airport, where my boss is conducting a weekend seminar and I had to handle registration this morning.

Drove back to the office, making pit stops at the gas station and post office.

Drove to Office Depot to have copies made for the seminar.

Drove back to the office to actually get some work done.

Drove back to Office Depot an hour later to pick up the copies.

Drove back to the hotel to deliver the copies.

Drove to the mall to pick up my computer.

Drove home.

And this was just me! Yesterday, Jeff ran some errands while I was at the mall. Then he drove Brooke to a friend's house after dinner. Then he drove to church and back for worship team practice. Then he met one of our pastors for breakfast this morning. Then he drove Brooke to yet another friend's house. Now he's driving Sydney to a birthday party.

So much for saving gas this week while Jeff and the kids are on spring break.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it - I paid $55.56 the other day to fill up my Explorer! I'm sounding old, but. . .I remember when it was $21.00 to fill up the same vehicle. Fortunately, it's only 2 miles to either work, school and church. I'm glad for short commute!!
tamera

The Thomsons said...

Oy! Loved the picture.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. We live in the "boonies" and have to drive at least 10 to 15 miles to get anywhere....church, my work, our grandsons, grocery store, etc. Loved the cartoon! Denise