5.07.2008

Day 54

Welcome to the inaugural edition of "The Thursday Thirteen". Don't know that I'll do this every Thursday but it seemed like a good idea for today.

Since I love reading and books, I thought I would start with my favorite thirteen books (or series of books)that I've read or read to the kids, in no particular order.
  1. Cold Mountain, Charles Frazier
  2. I Know this Much is True, Wally Lamb
  3. Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
  4. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
  5. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
  6. Tess of the D'Ubervilles, Thomas Hardy
  7. The Poisonwood Bible, Barbara Kingsolver
  8. North and South Trilogy, John Jakes
  9. Winds of War series, Herman Wouk
  10. Little House on the Prairie series, Laura Ingalls Wilder
  11. The Greedy Python, Eric Carle
  12. Double Trouble in Walla Walla, Andrew Clements
  13. The Duchess Bakes a Cake, Virginia Kahl
There you have it! These are just some of my favorites; I'm sure I've forgotten some. What about you? Leave a comment and tell me if you share some of my favorites or list some of your very own most-loved books. Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

The Thomsons said...

Yay, I'm the first one to comment! I like Jane Eyre, Little House on the Prairie, too. My eleven other favorites are:
1. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
2. Poirot Mystery series, by Agatha Christie
3. The Redwall series, by Brian Jacques
4. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
5. Jeeves and Wooster series, by P.G. Wodehouse
6. Watership Down, by Richard Adams
7. The Freddy series, by Walter R. Brooks (Used to get them on tape... we listened to them over and over and over again! Narrated by John McDonough--gotta love him.)
8. They Loved to Laugh, by Kathryn Worth
9. The Baron's Gloves, by Louisa May Alcott
10. David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens
11. Eight Cousins & Rose in Bloom, by Louisa May Alcott

Rachel

Yarnin_Mama said...

My kids love to listen to the Magic Treehouse series in the car. I think they will be so excited to learn that they are books when they are old enough to read them.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy mysteries and things that really take me away (after all, reading is my big escape!) The top book from 2007 for me was "Thr3e" by Ted Dekker - some of his books are downright strange, but this one was a thriller from page one!

tamera

Anonymous said...

Bootlegger's Boy by Barry Switzer

Anonymous said...

My favorite is Gone With the Wind. I'm not as deep as you are. I was trying to think of the name of Double Trouble in Walla Walla, the other day. I think that is one of the best books to read aloud ever.
The author was so clever.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say, Adam's favorite was a given. Never would have guessed.

Michelle with a K said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your #2 & #7! I also adore all of Alexander McCall Smith's #1 Ladies Detective Agency series...so cleverly and cleanly written. As a teacher and mom, I enjoy reading aloud the Patricia Pollacco books. Oh, I almost forgot The Time Traveler's Wife...one of my favorites!