7.18.2008

Happy Birthday Payton!

It's hard to believe, but Payton is 11 today! Where has the time gone?

I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I made tacos for dinner (isn't it funny what you remember?) and started thinking something might be happening. Some friends called and asked us to go to the lakeshore with them, but thankfully, I declined because I just wasn't sure. (Becky B. do you remember that?) A few hours later, I was more than sure. But I didn't want to rush things. After all, I was watching a show I didn't want to miss, and I needed to shower and shave my legs. I have my priorities!

By the time my youngest sister, Becky, arrived to stay with the girls, I was on my hands and knees, swearing through clenched teeth that I would NEVER do this again. (We all know how that turned out!). We arrived at the hospital at 10:58, and Payton was born exactly 10 minutes later at 11:08 p.m.!! Thankfully, my midwife made it in time to catch him! I didn't even get admitted and checked in until after he was born. We were so excited to have a little boy after two girls!

So, in honor of Payton's 11th birthday, here are eleven facts/wonderful things about Payton:
  • Payton looks exactly like Jeff did when he was little. Jeff's family often comments that it's like looking at Jeff all over again.
  • Payton is outgoing and friendly to everyone. He is so good at making people feel welcomed and included.
  • Payton is a voracious, but very choosy, reader. I have a hard time finding books as fast as he can read them!
  • Payton is an excellent athlete! He is hoping to play basketball on the school team this winter.
  • Payton is sensitive and tender-hearted. He is going to make a great husband some day!
  • Payton has had two skin grafts on the fourth finger of his left hand. Ask him about that sometime.
  • Payton is a loyal friend. He has a few very close friends who we hope he will always stay connected with.
  • Payton talks non-stop. Wonder where he gets that from.....,....
  • Payton has a servant's heart. He works in the K-1 Kidpoint class every Sunday at church, and I have heard rave reviews from parents and other teachers alike that he does a GREAT job!
  • Payton unfortunately inherited his mother's penchant for perfection and the accompanying anxiety. We're working on that!
  • Payton makes us laugh! We love him very much and are very proud of him! Happy birthday Payton!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAYTON!! Have an awesome day...you deserve it! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you! We love you!
the Ferbers

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Payton!! We can't wait to see you next week.

Kelsey said...

adorable pics! Happy Birthday Payton!!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, a day late! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hope it continued to be a great day after I talked to you. Forgot to ask about your birthday cake. Hope you are bringing me a piece. Can't wait to see you.
Love, Grammy

Kari said...

ok, so I now this is late...thankfully I wished him a happy birthday at church. :)
but here's to my favorite 6th grader..EVER! :) :) :)

Hope it was GRAND!!!