9.15.2008

Quote of the Day...

Yesterday, Payton and I were having a deep discussion about the finer points of middle school. Of course, from Payton's perspective, middle school has NO fine points but that's a whole 'nother story.

Payton is particularly perplexed by the need to study a foreign language. After all, he says, I live in the United States and we speak English. And he's right..........I think. But, again, that's a whole 'nother post. I calmly explained to Payton that studying a foreign language was an important part of a good middle school/high school education and that it helped to make him a well-rounded person.

Without hesitation, he replied "Well, then I think I would rather be square."

Square indeed............

3 comments:

Lance said...

Score one for the squares! I have felt the pressure of being pushed into those circular holes.

Jen, I posted another nursery rhyme... based on Peter, Peter: pumpkin eater.

... it's pretty disturbing.

Kelsey said...

Hilarious...

Kerry said...

MY 11 yo ds found that quite humorous... although he is enjoying middle school right now.