8.19.2009

Unbelievable......

Someone sent this to Payton today. He showed it to me because he thought it was funny. I, on the other hand, was horrified.



And then I was reminded that behavior like this is why...
  • We carefully monitor our children's time with video games, television, internet, etc. (This boy was behaving like this over a World of Warcraft game. World. of. Warcraft. Are you kidding me?)
  • We read John Rosemond.
  • We spank(ed) our children in the appropriate place at the appropriate times (and let me assure you that some days had many more "appropriate" times than others!)
  • We pray... A LOT!
And, lest you be misled, I promise you that all of the above has not resulted in "cherub children" who sit quietly and read their Bibles, obey without hesitation, and exhibit nothing but love and kindness for one another. (Those of you who see my children regularly are nodding your heads furiously!) It's actually quite the opposite, I hate to admit. We are simply trying our best and trusting God to do the rest. And, thankfully He occasionally gives us glimpses that we are on the right track.

Somehow, I can't imagine that World of Warcraft is in God's perfect plan for the VeStrand kids. That's a chance I'm happy to take, and I'm willing to bet they'll survive just fine!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I am speechless...

Kari said...

I too, am horrified! are you sure this child isn't possessed? yikes! I cant stop feeling sorry for him. His parents are where?? telling him to shut up?! nice. Even if it were 'set up' it still is disturbing. I am thankful my boys are not quite that bad when they are told 'no'. wow.

Kerry said...

THAT is scary... wow... I totally agree with you.

Unknown said...

very good
Walatra G Sea