10.18.2009

Recipe Sunday

MERCIFUL. HEAVENS. I can hardly express how yummy these are. I found the recipe here. And she's right: they are like little bites of apple pie. Yum. Enjoy!

Glazed Apple Bars

4 cups flour

2 1/3 cups sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature

5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced

1 teaspoon cinnamon


Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 Tablespoon water


Stir until combined and drizzle over bars.


Combine all the flour, 2 cups of sugar, and salt.
Cut in butter until crumbly.

Pat half of crumb mixture into jelly roll pan.
Layer apples on top of crumb mixture.
Combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle over apples.

Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over apples.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Allow to cool completely before drizzling glaze over top.
Cut into squares to serve.

5 comments:

Brian or Amy said...

3 sticks of butter???? That's what I'm takin' about!!! :)

Jen said...

Well, that's my mantra, Amy - "the more butter, the better"! Glad to help! :-)

Becky said...

These were divine! Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to make them this weekend. YUM!

Kim Lunsford said...

Made it tonight and LOVED it!! I agree, nothing better than three sticks of butter... My crew added heaping scoops of ice cream on top too.

Julie said...

Jen, I made this today for my girls' birthday...YUM! Thanks for sharing this.