Tuesday was much of the same just busier! Tuesdays and Thursdays are always crazy because Sawyer has travel team basketball practice at 6 p.m. at a school 20-30 minutes away, depending on traffic. So I need to have dinner set for the rest of the family, get Sawyer fed and picked up from school basketball practice, and gather any things I need to "kill" a few hours while he's at practice. Life is never boring at our house! (Yeah! Just got a text that tomorrow's practice is cancelled! I'll get a rare night at home!)
Today was a bit more "calm". I had a busy but productive day at work. Dinner was fairly easy (pizza loaf) because Jeff leaves shortly after he gets home to take the older kids to church for their weekly youth gathering. Now I'm working on my meal plan and grocery list for the next two weeks, and Sawyer is working hard on a science project that's due Monday. Thankfully, he is organized and driven because I am less-than-zero help in the science project department!
Tomorrow will be busy again but, it's supposed to rain, and that always makes me smile! Dinner will be stew in the crock pot (a new recipe from my sister) and homemade bread. I was going to run some errands during Sawyer's practice but now I'll stay home and accomplish something like laundry or paying bills.
In closing, a few fun things I've learned/discovered during the past "busy" days
- Baked potatoes are yummy when cooked slowly in the crock pot.
- Rice cookers are A. MAZ. ING. I wanted to have rice readily available for Hero and Daniel so I got one. I am in love after just two cups of rice! Why have I waited 23 years to get one?
- Brooke is sick in Indy with sinus and ear infections. Even when they're almost 20, it's hard to have them sick and far away.
- Earlier this year, we decided our boys were old enough for Sports Illustrated. Tonight, I found out I could call the magazine and opt out of the swimsuit edition FOREVER. How cool is that? Thank you, Time Inc. I'm not normally a fan, but this is fabulous!
- I've had my iPhone for almost a year, and I'm still figuring it out. This article has some very helpful tips!
- Speaking of iPhones, this is THE. BEST. GAME, hands down. Forget Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja; exercise your brain and play Word Warp (Word Warp Xtreme is even more challenging and fun!)
- Crescent rolls, cream cheese, and blueberries. Hard to go wrong with this recipe!