4.07.2007

We're Still Here!

Wow! I miss a few days and people are clamoring for a new post! How nice to be missed!

Actually, it hasn't been a very exciting week around here. The kids had spring break so we've been able to sleep in, relax, and not spend our evenings doing homework. That's been nice.

We woke up to snow this morning--a covering on the ground and flurries off and on throughout the day. Seems strange to be dyeing Easter eggs while snow is blowing around outside! But the kids had fun and that's what matters. I will post some pics tomorrow--right now the camera batteries are dead, and there is not a AA battery to be found in this house.

In other news, as always happens this time of year, my hatred for easter grass has been renewed, and there is WAAAAYYYYYY too much chocolate in the house. Every year I vow to buy candy that I don't like (which is a very short list, mind you!) but that never seems to happen.

And, in news of the weird: as I was out and about this week, saw a few things that made me scratch my head. First, I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts before work this week (to get a fat free muffin of course! And if you believe that, I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you!). In front of me in line was a dear elderly lady who was having a very hard time making a decision. As I inched closer and listened to her conversation, I realized why. She was asking the clerk if they had sugar-free donuts!!! I almost laughed out loud! HELLO!!! Who goes to Dunkin' Donuts and gets something sugar free? That's just wrong!

Secondly, I was running (and I mean literally) errands this week and trying to move quickly along a crowded sidewalk. Ahead of me, I noticed a man walking with a white stick like blind people normally use. The strange thing about this "blind" man was that he was wearing glasses and carrying a newspaper??? Now, if you are too blind to see cars on the road and people in front of you on the sidewalk, how do you read a newspaper???? Makes ya wonder......

Blessed Resurrection Day to all of you!!
Christ is risen!!
He is risen indeed!

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

Have a great Easter!!! Your comments were hilarious - I'm still smiling over here!!