7.31.2007

**Football Update**

Thought you might enjoy knowing that Payton had a great practice. Naturally, he came in first in "everything", and he ran the thirty-yard dash in 3.8 seconds. (I guess that's good. Although it's a little disconcerting that the 40-yard dash has been "dumbed down" too.)

And, just for the record, Jeff was right. Payton didn't go to the bathroom before he left and, sure enough, he was left to find a discreet tree and "work around" the apparatus. Father knows best!

Finally, I thought you'd enjoy this e-mail we got from the football coach today. This is NOT a joke.

If you have not done so, CMFL rules: Every player must have an ID card which states their age, weight, etc. You can go to MVA or MVA Express for this. You will need to bring your child(for picture), birth certificate, and Social Security card, if you have one, if not contact the MVA to see if there is another form you can substitute. We will collect the ID cards and the coach will keep them. Your child CANNOT play unless he has a card!

UNBELIEVABLE! These kids are 8 to 10 years old and we have to take them to the Motor Vehicle Association to get an ID card!!! I wonder how much THAT will cost. I can get the one below for FREE!!! (And what the heck is the MVA Express? Does that mean that the wait will only be 2 hours long, rather than 4?)


Oh, and we've added Saturday mornings to the practice schedule. Is it November yet????

1 comment:

Sandy Koch said...

I've been there, Jen, although I have to admit...it only cost us a total of $60! OUCH on all the $$ you are spending. I'm SURE he'll have a great experience and be the MVP of the team ;)

I "tagged" you today as a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" You can check out my blog and see why :-) (You do NOT have to pass this "award" on to anyone else...I just wanted to tag YOU :-)