2.09.2008

Seven days and counting......

Okay---while you won't find me sporting a DuPont "pleather" jacket or even sticking a number "24" to the back of my van, I proudly admit that Jeff and I are huge NASCAR fans. (Please excuse the misplaced modifier there. Hopefully, you understand that Jeff and I aren't "huge"; it's our love of NASCAR that is. You get it, right?)

Anyway, only seven days to Daytona!! As Daryl Waltrip would say "Boogity, boogity, boogity!"

(This post in honor of my brother, Adam, whose love for NASCAR is exceeded only by his love for poison ivy.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know I watched last night's "shootout" from lap 11-16. Then the caution flag came out and it hit me that I was watching cars go round and round. At the time Tony Stewart wasn't doing well so I gave up. If he or Jimmie Johnson is doing well I can hang with it a little longer. Little tidbit fer ya'...Jimmie Johnson is a huge OU fan and often attends games. (His wife is a grad.)

Anonymous said...

We are also Nascar fans! Lunch is in the oven and we are ready to watch qualifying! Dh is a Jeff Gordon fan....as for me, I am now coming out of the closet as a Dale Earnhardt, Jr. fan. I just could not bring myself to spend money on his merchandise when he had a beer sponsor. But I love Mt. Dew (Code Red) so I can now justify buying it to support Jr. LOL!! It has been a long three months waiting for racing to begin. :-)
Denise (PW list)

Anonymous said...

I just had to comment. I met you a few weeks ago at church after saying that I saw your comment on another blog. Have to tell you that we are huge Nascar fans as well. Our three dogs are named Bristol, Charlotte, and Talladega (Dega for short). What a small world it is.

Anonymous said...

I just had to comment. I met you a few weeks ago at church after saying that I saw your comment on another blog. Have to tell you that we are huge Nascar fans as well. Our three dogs are named Bristol, Charlotte, and Talladega (Dega for short). What a small world it is.