3.17.2008

Day 2

Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's not like I'm celebrating or anything, but I do need to post something after all to keep this thing going. Also, I have a rich Irish (Scotch-Irish, to be exact) heritage on my mom's side of the family, but there won't be any corned beef and cabbage or wearing orange for me. (I don't enjoy getting pinched, thank you very much!)

However, while I'm not celebrating, this is an important day for lots of special people in my life.

Happy Birthday to my brother, Adam
Happy Birthday to my niece, Jacqueline

Happy Birthday to my dear friend, Kimberly
Happy Anniversary to our dear friends, Bruce and Steph!

I hope the day is special for each of you and wish you God's richest blessings in the year ahead!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

thanks jen! hard to believe it's been 13 years of wedded bliss!

Anonymous said...

There must be something about this day. This day is the one that I know the most people that have birthdays on this day. Looks like a big one for you too.

Anonymous said...

I have to share this story with you, Jen. My birthday is Wed., March 19. My daughter (now 31 yrs. old) has had a running joke for years in our family about when my actual birthdate is....she says she knows it is either March 17 or 19. And she knows that one of those days is St. Pat's day and the other my birthday. So, yesterday at work, she has a card for me....yes, the goofy girl bought me a St. Pat's birthday card and told some of my friends at work that yesterday was my birthday. She is a nut!! Denise

Yarnin_Mama said...

Thanks for all your kindness!!!

Kimberly

Sandy Koch said...

ha! We aren't Irish here, either, but it is "tradition" that I HAVE to fix corned beef and cabbage for dinner on March 17. And I try to "surprise" the kids...we buy our milk in 1/2 gallon bags, and they aren't see through...so I always squirt a bit of green food coloring in the bag...so the kids get a surprise of green milk. It works great, although the leftover milk with cereal the next day...well...THAT looks kind of nasty :)