So far we've...........
- Enjoyed lots of games of "catch" in the back yard.
- Grilled steak--twice!
- Celebrated the graduation of one very sweet eighth grader! Yeah Sydney!
- Entertained dear friends and had a great time!
- Guzzled several pitchers of homemade strawberry lemonade! Yum!
- Hired a drywaller to finish up the basement!
- Ordered carpet to go in right after the drywall!
- Spent lots of time at the library!
- Played games...Dutch Blitz and Bas-ket!
- Enjoyed lazy morning and relaxing evenings, free of homework and lunch packing!
- Made a homemade strawberry pie!
- Read my first great book of the summer!
- Packed Payton off to the beach with friends, where he's having a great time!
I've realized, with sadness, that this will be our very last "normal" summer as a family (or at least as normal as it gets in our family!) Next year, we'll be hosting a graduation party, scurrying between friends' graduation parties, getting ready to send our firstborn child to college. How can that be?
Summer is normally my least favorite season. I hate the heat, I strongly dislike the lack of routine, and I'm always eager to welcome fall, my absolute favorite season. This year, however, I've decided I am going to enjoy every single "summery" minute. Wish me luck!